was this a hammer episode

Discuss the 13 episodes
hitman

was this a hammer episode

Post by hitman »

Where a man gets lost in his car in the fog, and ends up in a strange village, befriends a young girl who explains that they eat from boxes, unbeknown to the man she means from coffins

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think the film you're thinking of is 'The Monster Club' made by Amicus. It was a trio of stories with the last story being the one you remember. The story revolved around an American movie maker who stumbles across a fog bound village and befriends a ghoul or a humghoul to be exact !

One of my favourite films.

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

nealb wrote:I think the film you're thinking of is 'The Monster Club' made by Amicus. It was a trio of stories with the last story being the one you remember. The story revolved around an American movie maker who stumbles across a fog bound village and befriends a ghoul or a humghoul to be exact !

One of my favourite films.
The books way better, there's a horrible twist at the end when the guy originally bitten by the vampire at the start of the movie joins the 'Monster Club' nooo silly happy ending :twisted:

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

thats another film thats never seen on telly , cant remember the last time that was on

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

Monster club was on UK tv in about 1983.

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

some good sories in that too.scary 1 where they are trying to escape the village & keep ending back there & at the end i think an ambulance picks um up very much like in the 2 faces of evil???

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

A police car picks them up, the shock horror moment is when one of the officers grins at them and shows the shark teeth of the ghouls!

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

Just confirming it is definitely Monster Club. A good film I agree.

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

wow on now horror channel

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

watched it, must say was very dissapointing, great cast as well
bit of a oddity really. think it was made 4 kids at the time but is quite scary in places.can remember seeing the poster trailer in look in comic or simerlar. the musical interlude between diff episodes is shockingley bad.
vincent price is excellent though , what a truly great actor he was.

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

I suspect it was made on a budget of 50p and it shows. The book is infinitely better, though really more appealing to a young teenager than an older reader, still if you forget you know what a razor is for and read it under the bedclothes by torchlight you'll enjoy it!.

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

watched deathline & the gorgon both look very poor now shame thiough

chal4oye

Post by chal4oye »

A police car picks them up, the shock horror moment is when one of the officers grins at them and shows the shark teeth of the ghouls!?
ccnacertification ccnacertification
braindumps www.braindumps-review.com

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

Yep the grinning copper ghoul was the best moment.

stuartm1

Post by stuartm1 »

I'm sure Monster Club was also a Jack Gill Presentation and Chips Productions are copyrighted in it. I remember Jack Gill Presents appearing in the opening of the titles like in HHOH.

Must be a very similar production team involved.