Can anyone remember this one

Discuss the 13 episodes
Little horror

Can anyone remember this one

Post by Little horror »

When i was a kid i seem to remember watching an episode where a young couple were trying to escape from a town of zombies (well i think they were zombies) I remember they managed to escape when they were picked up in a police car and then instead of being driven to the police station they ended up back in the village again!

Can anyone remember this episode or am i going mad!?!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The film you recall is 'Monster Club' featuring Vincent Price. It was a collection of short stories in one film - One of my all time favourites actually.

Little horror

Post by Little horror »

Thanks mate, i will look that one up

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

Just bought this off ebay, a copy put onto a dvd, great! not sure if I still have a the bit of paper that came with it to order more, i will ahve a dig round for it.

spif

?

Post by spif »

Is this the film where the name of the town is Loughville? I loved this film as child, was there also the story about the humghou half human half ghoul who whistles? Am I correct or am I getting mixed up?

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

Yeah first story is the ghoul who whistles, goes onto the lad whos dads a vamp and the bleeny is after him, the third story is the village of people who will eat you soon as look at you! the elders run the place, aswel as some great songs in the monster club itself who could forget the stripper! cool cool film. :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And Donald Pleasence was in it too. Wasn't he the head of the Vampire killers. He's such a great actor. Just superb in John Carpenters Halloween.

ringwood

Post by ringwood »

Hello! I've just been reading through these posts and from the sound of it, it looks like I've finally found the movie that's been haunting me all these years!!! The scene I remember most vividly is two (I think) people wandering through a fog-shrouded 'forgotten' English village - the atmosphere was incredibly spooky and eerie, and yes, I also seem to remember some funky zombie creatures too. Is this right or am I still mixed up? Somebody please reassure me before I run out and buy the DVD!! I'd always thought this was from an episode of the Hammer TV series and I've spent hours and hours trying to find out. Thanks for saving my sanity!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, 'Monster Club' is the film you remember

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

Monster club came out on DVD officially in June. Got my copy and yes, you're right. This story IS from the movie.