What is the best episode?

Discuss the 13 episodes
Adam

What is the best episode?

Post by Adam »

The recent repeat of the episodes on the Horror channel reinvigorated my interest in the series. Was 10 when they were first broadcast, and the opening titles and music alone had me running up the stairs to bed at the time! I drove to Hampden House (or as close as I could get to it) just over a week ago, on a very hot & sunny day for a bit of location-spotting. Had a great time and took loads of photos, so thank you for this site being in existence and for the information on locations. Am wondering, what are member's favourite episode? For me its 'Guardian of the Abyss', though I see that generally its not generally rated as one of the very best ones. For me it had everything and was the epitome of true 'horror', and even now when I watch it I find it genuinely unsettling

andy_pagin

Re: What is the best episode?

Post by andy_pagin »

I like all the episodes that use lots of interior shots of the house, but then I'm biased, I work there.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to the forum Adam. Glad you've found it useful in your recent location spotting trip !

It's hard to choose a favourite but it would have to be Silent Scream for me with the great Peter Cushing.

Guardian of The Abyss is also a great episode.

andy_pagin

Post by andy_pagin »

Guardian of the Abyss is one of my favourites, if only because I used to sit and have lunch roughly where the human sacrifice scene took place!

city309

Post by city309 »

The most chilling is The 2 faces and the house that bled. Other top stories are Children, Charlie, The 13th, The silent. A couple of stinkers, Growing p, The mark. Like many people I saw a few in 1980. I was nearly 9. From then, I remember The house that b. Nightmares, crying, but begging to watch the next installment a week later. I was refused up until Visitor from grave. Seeing Charles Willoughby in his white range rover, his disfigured face looking in at Penny gave me nightmares, so that was it for me. Didn't see The 2 faces until years after. Shame this sort of thing is not on TV any more.

Barney

Post by Barney »

My favourites has to be Children of the full moon and The two faces of evil. :twisted:
Long live on Roy Skeggs and Brian Lawrence and the rest of the team.

JM2461

Post by JM2461 »

The House That Bled To Death, if I had to pick one. They're mostly good though. It's probably easier to pick your least favourite, which would be Witching Time, which isn't bad, although I've never been keen on 'witch' stories.

john0207

Post by john0207 »

i would say the silent scream to,just a great episode and with the late and great peter cushing,all the episodes are really good to watch...i grew up watching hammer horror,i love the series and all the gothic type horror..