Favourite episode?

Discuss the 13 episodes

What is your favourite "Hammer House of Horror" Episode?

Witching Time
8%
The Thirteenth Reunion
No votes
Rude Awakening
8%
Growing Pains
No votes
The House That Bled To Death
11%
Charlie Boy
5%
The Silent Scream
16%
Children Of The Full Moon
11%
Carpathian Eagle
3%
Guardian Of The Abyss
11%
Visitor From The Grave
8%
The Two Faces of Evil
21%
The Mark Of Satan
No votes

Total votes: 38
SGodrich

Favourite episode?

Post by SGodrich »

Mine is "Visitor From The Grave". What's yours?

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I must admit...Its hard choosing a favourite, As ALL the episodes stick in my mind.......But if I had to choose one, It would be "Visitor from the grave".
Mainly because it scared the shit out of me when it was first broadcast and also the fact that I have been to the location of the cottage in the episode.
"Guardian of the abyss" would be a close second tho.
And "Children of the full moon" would be a close third!

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

Same here, spooky ending that still sends a tingle down the spine. I agree with your second choice too.

marty

Post by marty »

Difficult to decide on an absolute favourite but decided to go for The Silent Scream.

If I picked a top three, next would be Guardian of the Abyss followed by Charlie Boy.

johnny

Post by johnny »

It's gotta be "Guardian of the abyss".

simon

Post by simon »

Hi everyone - mine would be exactly same as marty - great episodes

tonyyoung

Post by tonyyoung »

mine was witching time or the carpatian eagle

spooked

Post by spooked »

children of the full moon for me but charlie boy stick's in my mind from when i was a kid and also the house that bled to death,the silent scream and the one that scared me as a kid was the two faces of evil,alway's remembered that one with his finger and him standing in the field with his yellow raincoat on
you smile because iam different,i laugh because your all the same

Bratt

Post by Bratt »

Mine has to be "Two faces of evil", it left me with unpleasant memories for many years. As a 10 year old I think the idea that you couldn't even trust your parents to be normal haunted me for decades afterwards! I've watched the episode recently, and although it looks quite dated now, all those deserted hospital corridors still make me feel uneasy...

Phillyjohn

Post by Phillyjohn »

It's a tough choice the ones that I remember when I was a kid was Children of the full moon and Two faces of evil scared the hell out of me.

jtellio

Favourite Hammer House of Horror episodes

Post by jtellio »

I think that Guardian of the Abyss and Charlie Boy were two very good episodes, made in the Hammer House of Horror tradition.
Two Faces of Evil was a little too scary, whereas the first two I cited retained classic elements of country houses etc. Guardian reminded me of the 1968 film, The Devil Rides Out.

dodger

Post by dodger »

visitor from the grave,,

Jake

Post by Jake »

This is a very hard task for me, to pick just one. I really enjoy this series and like every episode.
But I do tend to watch 'Visitor From The Grave' the most, I know it is rather predictable but I like the story and the ending is a surprise. 'Children Of The Full Moon' is another favourite. 'Witching Time' as well, mainly for the lovely Prunella Gee ;).

scott18

Post by scott18 »

Quite a lot to choose from,but my absolute favourite is CHILDREN OF THE FULL MOON,the legendary Diana Dors gives a superb performance in this episode.A masterclass in acting in how to be kind and sinister at the same time.
WITCHING TIME I adore also,followed by THE TWO FACES OF EVIL which scared me witless when I originally saw this when I was a child,not by the hitchiker or the possessed father and son but for some reason it was the hospital sister......

Jake

Post by Jake »

I've been watching all of them again recently and I can certainly say that 'Children Of The Full Moon' is my all time favourite. I really did think that Diana Dors was very good in that.