No
50%
Would like to...
No votes

Total votes: 2
john6

HELP!

Post by john6 »

Hi I know of two filming locations but i dont know the exact name of the film! I think It was the Hammer House of Horror - "Haunted House of Horror"
or something like that. Two of its film locations where the Palace Hotel in Southport (demolished in 1969) and Bank Hall in Bretherton (awaiting restoration)

The Bank Hall Action Group are trying to save Bank Hall but they have been told that the film crew used the interior of the Palace Hotel as a film location and the Top of the clock tower and the enterance halls for the exterior scenes of the film. Other locations where used in the film that I am unsure of but if anyone can please tell me of anything they may know about the film it would be much appreciated!

For more info on Bank Hall visit http://www.bankhallonline.2ya.com

and info on the palace hotel is at wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkdale_P ... st_Stories

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've moved this post to 'Anything Else' in Hammer Films sections as its not related to the HHoh series.

I remember seeing Bank House on the 'restoration' TV programme hosted by Gryff Rhys Jones. Such as shame that the house was allowed to fall into disrepair and become a ruin.

I don't know the Hammer films in which these locations were used either.

john6

Post by john6 »

ah ok, thanks anyway! i would be interested if anyone knew, i think i know someone who knows the name of it, but i was told it was part of the Hammer House of Horror films!

Bank Hall and the Palace Hotel played a major part in the film sets too! i will research more into it and get back to you! if anyone else does know anything in the mean time it would be much appreciated!