The Lighthouse

Discuss any other horror TV series or films
niches

The Lighthouse

Post by niches »

Has anyone seen the above? It's a very good thriller (later 90's, early 00's?) and also stars Don Warrington of Rising Damp fame! - which unnerved me at first, but it showed me what a good straight actor he is too. I must peruse the internet to see if I can get it on DVD.

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

his movie has been unfairly critisied - mostly for being left on the shelf for almost 4 years (It was made in 1999 but didn't get a release until 2002/2003) The story is thrilling and imaginative, The actors were pretty good for this material,The direction and photography were nigh on excellent, It a lot better than some other recent slasher movies that have made it into the cinema. The story concerns a group of convicts and a Doctor trapped onboard a deserted lighthouse hundreds of miles from shore, where a serial killer is also in hiding... I rate this 8.5/10 (for showing what a good movie you can do with less than $2,000,000)

Never seen it, sounds a good film :-)

niches

Post by niches »

thanks for the reply :D - That's right, and if I remember rightly it was a convict ship moving prisoners that got caught in a storm (or similar) and they all made for the diserted lighthouse - Dying to see it again now ! (no pun intended) - And yes a damn sight more thrilling than another churned out slasher film, heart pulsing stuff around every corner. It's one to watch in the dark if you can bear it! 8)