Forgotten 60's or 70's horror film

Discuss any other horror TV series or films
sgmack1969

Forgotten 60's or 70's horror film

Post by sgmack1969 »

I have a question that members might be able to help with. 10 - 15 years ago I watched a horror film which was set in the same era as 'Blood On Satan's Claw', & I can't remember what it was called. I don't remember much, apart from the ending but it's all about a curse, I think, & that the victims will be killed by a werewolf. A well to do family are the intended victims. I don't know who cursed them, so if I speculate then I'll probably send you off on a wild goosechase. However, at the end of the film the family, or at least the survivors, are escaping (so they think!) in their coach & horses. Suddenly the werewolf puts his claws through the roof of the coach, & the girl inside, screams. That is where the film ends. Can anyone help me find out what it is please? I liked it because it is a similar genre film to the old hammer & tigon films. Thanks.

sgmack1969

Post by sgmack1969 »

I'm going to answer my own question here, as I've found the film I was looking for. It's called 'Cry Of The Banshee'. It stars Vincent Price (Who else :)!), who plays another witchfinder general type character, who angers the leader of a coven who places a curse on Vincent's family. The curse is in the form of a werewolf, played by Patrick Mower. It's available on ebay, so the film that I couldn't remember 24 hours ago should be with me by Wednesday :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad you found out what it was.
Did you enjoy seeing it again ?

sgmack1969

Post by sgmack1969 »

I was happy to see 'Cry Of The Banshee' again. It's not quite as good as 'The Blood On Satan's Claw', that's set in the same period, but definitely worth watching. Very surprised that it hasn't been on tv as much as Vincent Price's other films, but he' not very sympathetic in this one. As I said he plays a similar character to Matthew Hopkins from 'Witchfinder General', so while I enjoyed the film, I still prefer 'Theatre Of Blood', & the Dr. Phibes films. Thanks for replying. :)