Don Sharp directed....

Anything else related to the series
admin
Site Admin

Don Sharp directed....

Post by admin »

Last night I finally got round to watching a film that I've always wanted to see but had never manged to:

The 39 Steps (1978 version starring Robert Powell).

A really enjoyable period thriller directed by Don Sharp who of course was the director of Guardian of the Abyss.

Worth a watch when its on TV next.

simon

Post by simon »

and dont forget Neal, Don also directed several classic films for Hammer inc Kiss of the vamipre / rasputin and devil ship pirates along with episodes of the classic Avengers series, a very nice man indeed i had the pleasure of meeting him during the late 1990's at the barbican in london

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I remember watching the Robert Powell film years ago and have always asociated that film with him. But it was a remake wasnt it?

simon

Post by simon »

It sure is, the original starred Kenneth Moore, i think it was made in 1939 although i could be wrong on the date

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

simon wrote:and dont forget Neal, Don also directed several classic films for Hammer inc Kiss of the vamipre / rasputin and devil ship pirates along with episodes of the classic Avengers series, a very nice man indeed i had the pleasure of meeting him during the late 1990's at the barbican in london
Will have to look some of those up. Probably saw some in my youth, especially if they were the Emma Peel episodes :D