Meet?

Anything else related to the series
Scotty

Meet?

Post by Scotty »

What are the chances that we could arrange a meet? From what I see there are one or two of us interested enough in the series to meet up and have a chat and visit a few locations etc.... What do you all think?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, let me know when you're planning to come down. I know I've got a couple busy weekends coming up over the summer and then a holiday :D but post up some date(s) and I'll check it out.

simon

Post by simon »

im planning on having a trip round a few of the locations on sunday 5th august, im a bray film studios on the saturday.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

simon wrote:im planning on having a trip round a few of the locations on sunday 5th august, im a bray film studios on the saturday.
Afraid I can't make the 5th August as its my son's birthday.

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

A meet would be good. :) I've recently moved to Reading and I guess that a lot of the locations are near by. I'd love to check them out and meet up with a few of you guys.

Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I think it's an excellent idea!

I live in Somerset, and have always planned on visiting the area. If more of us went it would make it a lot more interesting, as we could all brainstorm some of the unknown locations.

I'd recommend a preplanned itinerary and maybe a minibus. We should be able to fit a bunch of locations into a day. Count me in!

...Although we maybe mistaken for a bunch of Japanese tourists! :D

marky

Post by marky »

Hi everyone,i would like to visit the area and see the locations. :D

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I am still intersted in this, How about we make it happen?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So a Saturday or Sunday in the summer then ?

May, June or early July ?

Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Saturday or Sunday in May, June or July is good for me, although considering the distance I'll be travelling from, it will have to be an overnight job.

Know any good B&B's in the area?

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

I'm working in Slough right now and there's a good one called "Skyways Hotel" which doubles as an indian restaurant too. I stayed there about 10 years ago but it was nice and friendly. It's something like £49 a night in the week, probably cheaper over the weekend. Not knowing the distance between Slough and the locations, I have no idea if it's a good choice.

Bratt

Post by Bratt »

I'd be too embarrassed to even admit to something like meeting up like this! However it would be good, just don't tell anyone..! Although I'm from "up north" I've spent a fair bit of time around Bucks over the years as the family are from there - I've still never really visited any of the locations though so am planning a visit in September when we are down visiting nearby. Drop me a line if interested.

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

Further to my last message, the Ramblers in Slough does a rate of £29 a night over the weekend.