PLEASE HELP! BRITISH HORROR TV SERIES WITH A DRACULA TV HOST

Anything else related to the series
Lycanthrope

PLEASE HELP! BRITISH HORROR TV SERIES WITH A DRACULA TV HOST

Post by Lycanthrope »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me...
I'm now 30 and when I was about 13 I used to watch a horror tv series on one of the English stations, I think it ran on a Friday night.
The series had a tv host dressed up as Dracula, the opening scene of the series would come into a graveyard, with lots of smoke and the tv host (dracula) would pop up out of the coffin and then describe the horror you were about to watch and say a line something similar to 'Roll it there' or that effect and the horror film would begin.
One episode was a family trapped inside a house and it might of been Hammer's 'Child's Play' but I would love to find the opening scene with the dracula tv host and the name of the series. I have searched everywhere but can't find it as i can't remember the name of the tv series. Thanks..

Compo

Was it "Count Dracula Presents" or "Horror In

Post by Compo »

It might have been "Count Dracula Presents"/"Horror Incorporated". I've never seen (or heard of it) it myself but the following web page mentions it:

http://spookyfests.com/html/hosts/151.htm . Or "Horror Incorporated", see: http://www.citypages.com/content/printVersion/12127/

Lycanthrope

Post by Lycanthrope »

Hi Compo,

I very much appreciate your reply and the link posted, unfortunately it's not the tv host / series I was looking for but it's kinda similiar.
I am almost certain it was shown on one of the English stations when I was a kid.
It's beem wrecking my head for over a year now, when I mention it to friends they can remember it but the name escapes them and I can't find it anywhere on the internet so thought this forum may be the best bet, would be a real childhood clincher!

Thanks again for your time and effort....

Compo

"PLEASE HELP! BRITISH HORROR TV SERIES WITH A DRACULA T

Post by Compo »

Try this page and see if any of these might have hosted the series you're thinking of: http://listverse.com/2011/07/18/top-10-tv-horror-hosts/
Compo

Lycanthrope

Post by Lycanthrope »

Compo, it's along the right lines and one or two of those hosts are very very similiar but not the one I'm thinking of but I think the link you posted might have put me on the right path.

Once again, thanks for replying and posting the link, very much appreciated!

Lycanthrope

Post by Lycanthrope »

Finally.....it only took 2 years haha! Found the tv series. It was called ' The Deadly Earnest Picture Show'
It ran from 1989-90 on Sky Tv in the Uk. I posted about it in the 'TV Series and Films' forum for anybody who is interested.
If you type 'The Deadly Earnest Picture Show' on Youtube, you will see a minute clip of the opening scene of the show.

Phew....I can now sleep at night haha!

Anyone else remember the series or it's horror films?

johnnybear

Re: PLEASE HELP! BRITISH HORROR TV SERIES WITH A DRACULA TV HOST

Post by johnnybear »

Yes I did and I liked Mandy Perriment as his co-star especially when she did that sexy dance! Jim Bywater was Ernest I believe!
JB