can anyone help me??

Discuss the 13 episodes
andsm1

can anyone help me??

Post by andsm1 »

I am pulling my hair out trying to remember something i saw maybe 25 or so years ago, i cant remember if it was house of horror or tales of the unexpected or maybe something completely different.....

the story was about a man in prison who befriended the prison undertaker and asked his help to escape, the undertaker agreed to help and told him that the next time he hears the bell toll, someone has died and to make his way to the mortuary where he should get into the coffin with the corpse and wait to be buried when the undertaker would return later and dig him up.
later on the bell rang and the man got in the coffin and waited to be exhumed, he waited and waited eventually fumbling in his pocket for a match, which he lit and to his horror the corpse in the coffin with him was the undertaker............................

has anyone else seen this, please help...

paul

Hammer House of Mystery & Suspence (i think)

Post by paul »

Yes I saw that as well and even now I think it was a really good story line. I'm pretty sure it was an Hammer House of Mystery & Suspence

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead »

That would be Alfred Hitchcock presents. Remember seeing that back in 1985.

paul

I Forgot about those

Post by paul »

I forgot all about Alfred Hitchcock Presents I haven't seen one for years and yes it was one of those now I think about it.

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

It was a women in the coffin, as I remember :oops:

paul

Eye opp

Post by paul »

If I remember it was a women's prison and the prison undertaker was male and his eyesight was failing. With the promise from an inmate telling him she has the cash to pay for his sight saving opperation in return he has to get her out of there. Only trouble is she has to climb in to the coffin with a corpse, and the corpse turns out to be the Prison Undertaker!!! although the inmate doesn't find out until she's been buried and stikes a match to look at her watch!!!

andsm1

Post by andsm1 »

Thanks to everyone who replied, it was an episode from alfred hitchcock presents in 1985, called FINAL ESCAPE.

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of it from...

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

andsm1 wrote:Thanks to everyone who replied, it was an episode from alfred hitchcock presents in 1985, called FINAL ESCAPE.

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of it from...
They seem to be releasing the Alfred Hitchcock presents series right now but they're starting with the original 1960s releases for the moment. I guess you'll have to wait

marcostandy

Post by marcostandy »

just watched this episode. its a man trying to escape however i do remember there was a show which a saw at a very young age (appox 20 years ago) that had exactly the same stotyline but set in a womens prison (and in coluor).

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

marcostandy wrote:just watched this episode. its a man trying to escape however i do remember there was a show which a saw at a very young age (appox 20 years ago) that had exactly the same stotyline but set in a womens prison (and in coluor).
Still AHP. In the 1980s, they made a new series and this was one of the episodes thay 'reimagined'

sgmack1969

Post by sgmack1969 »

If you haven't seen it recently, it's now on Youtube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6YszrBYuCA