Surviving Props - Whats out there

Discuss the 13 episodes
simon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:50 am

Surviving Props - Whats out there

Post by simon »

Just thought id open up this topic see if anything comes to light, trying to see if there are any original props out there or amongst members on this site, i have several which id like to share on the site...just wondering what else has survived

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:10 am

Post by admin »

Hi Simon

Thanks for your email. I've sent a reply. It would be cool to receive some pics of your the props you have. I'll post them up permanently to the main site.

I seem to recollect (or it maybe its a dream!), around the time of the auction that was held at Hampden House, a few days later a coffin appeared in a wood near to where I lived. The story was in the local rag and I'm sure it said it was from the HHoH series.

Neal

simon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:50 am

Post by simon »

Hello Neil, it was most likely from the series as you say, at the original auction at Hampden house there were several coffins sold of in the auction, along with a range rover, other coffins various fetish dolls, a dagger, dining room table and chairs, an alter and various other lots, i used to have a copy of the auction brochure but im afraid i cant find it, can any of the other members help out on this.......

thirtysomething
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: West Coast Of Cumbria
Contact:

Post by thirtysomething »

Would be great to see some props, read about them.........even replica props....bring them on!

simon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:50 am

Post by simon »

there coming be patient my friend, ill be sending picture to Neil in a week or so for him to post up on the main site, ive also got background information on the props which ill also pass on to neil along with behind the scenes photos from many of the episodes including make up pictures from guardian of the abyss and children of the full moon ( werewolf makeup) etc

thirtysomething
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: West Coast Of Cumbria
Contact:

Post by thirtysomething »

simon wrote:there coming be patient my friend, ill be sending picture to Neil in a week or so for him to post up on the main site, ive also got background information on the props which ill also pass on to neil along with behind the scenes photos from many of the episodes including make up pictures from guardian of the abyss and children of the full moon ( werewolf makeup) etc

Nice one fella, looking forward to it :D

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:10 am

Post by admin »

I'm now in receipt of Simon's photos (cheers Simon :D). I will now update the site with a new section and I'll post again when its all up and running.

simon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:50 am

Post by simon »

:) your very welcome, i have further pics to forward to you neil in due course, i hope other people on the site will find the pics of interest

thirtysomething
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: West Coast Of Cumbria
Contact:

Post by thirtysomething »

simon wrote::) your very welcome, i have further pics to forward to you neil in due course, i hope other people on the site will find the pics of interest

I for one will find them og great interest, Thanks Simon :D

Thanks nealb
:D

Scotty
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Norfolk
Contact:

Post by Scotty »

I havent had time lately to check the site out, But I for one will look forward to seeing the pics as well!
Image

marty
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:44 pm
Location: London,England

Post by marty »

I'm a huge fan of Hammer house of horror and have to say I find the props pics fascinating.

If You have any more pics I would love to seem them and I'm sure others would too :)

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:10 am

Post by admin »

Welcome to the board Marty. Simon, who kindly supplied the prop photos is going to scan a few more and post them up soon so keep 'em peeled.

John
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: London

Re: Surviving Props - Whats out there

Post by John »

simon wrote:Just thought id open up this topic see if anything comes to light, trying to see if there are any original props out there or amongst members on this site, i have several which id like to share on the site...just wondering what else has survived
I think I mentioned this elsewhere on the site, but I know that Charlie Boy - the african fetish - is in the collection of the British Film Institute. It used to sit in its own display cabinet at The Museum of the Moving Image on the South Bank in London. There didnt seem to be much information given about Charlie Boy except a label saying something like "Charlie Boy, Hammer House of Horror."

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:10 am

Re: Surviving Props - Whats out there

Post by admin »

John wrote:I think I mentioned this elsewhere on the site, but I know that Charlie Boy - the african fetish - is in the collection of the British Film Institute. It used to sit in its own display cabinet at The Museum of the Moving Image on the South Bank in London. There didnt seem to be much information given about Charlie Boy except a label saying something like "Charlie Boy, Hammer House of Horror."
Simon has been involved with various exhibitions at the MOMI so it could well have been his Charlie Boy on show. I expect he will shed some light on this....

marty
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:44 pm
Location: London,England

Post by marty »

nealb wrote:Welcome to the board Marty.
Thanks Neil.....it's nice to be here :)