Anyone remember this?

Discuss the 13 episodes
Niall

Anyone remember this?

Post by Niall »

Hi,
Can anyone remember an episode of HHH which involved a woman staying at a convent which was being haunted by a nun "without" a face,ie there was a black area where her face should have been? I remember being so frightened of this as a child! I'd always thought it was an episode of Hammer House of Horror but looking through your site it does'nt seem to have been. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Niall.

spif

Post by spif »

I think it is Armchair Thriller you are thinking of

Niall

Post by Niall »

Thanks spif--a quick web search showed you are right!

johnny

Re: Anyone remember this?

Post by johnny »

Niall wrote:Hi,
Can anyone remember an episode of HHH which involved a woman staying at a convent which was being haunted by a nun "without" a face,ie there was a black area where her face should have been? I remember being so frightened of this as a child! I'd always thought it was an episode of Hammer House of Horror but looking through your site it does'nt seem to have been. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Niall.
" Quiet as a nun" , this was called , yeh a terrifying image in the tower sat in the rocking chair, to be sure - but as i remember a not so good story attached to this tho, set in a convent skool ???

Niall

Post by Niall »

You're also right Johnny, I've found it was "Quiet As A Nun", it starred Maria Aitken and was shown in April 1978. I was only in primary school then and all I remember is the image of the faceless nun, not the story, and everyone talking about it at school. I somehow managed to get it mixed up with Hammer House of Horror--I was surprised to learn on this site that Hammer was'nt shown until 1980.
Can I say thanks to the management of the site for keeping this thread up since it's not strictly relevant, though it had been about Hammer in my memory!

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

Armchair Thriller available to buy?

SGodrich

Post by SGodrich »

I can't see the episode in question but could this be the same series?

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/656531/T ... oduct.html