The Box Sets

Talk about anything else releated to the Mystery & Suspense series
Tinker

The Box Sets

Post by Tinker »

I'm trying to find the Hammer House of Mystery & Suspense but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Lots of online shops willing to take my money, but cannot define a delivery time period.

These were released less than three years ago. Anyone know why there're none left? Did they not make many or was it a sell out?

Jo.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can't say but can only guess they didn't sell too well, as they are nowhere near as good as the HHoH series.

There doesn't even seem to be any on flea bay either :(

Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I only ever watched 2 of them: In possession, and Childs Play, and thought they were very good. Just interested in watching the rest

According to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_Fil ... ions#2000s

...Hammer film rights were sold in 2007. I just hope they plan to keep producing the box sets.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In Possession was probably one of the best episodes.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Incase you didn't get hold of the boxsets, I see that there is a set for sale on ebay that ends today.

Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Thanks for the nudge, but I brought both sets on eBay a few weeks ago. I'm slowly making my way through them.

Terrible quality sound and vision, and no subtitles. Definitely not as good as the iconic HHoH

marty

Post by marty »

I bought the boxsets when they came out and have to agree that the sound and picture quality is not that great compared to how polished the HHOH boxset episodes look.

There are some good episodes but not in the same league as HHOH....I agree with Neal about in Possession....the best episode of the series for me.

richyrichiwish

Post by richyrichiwish »

id love to see um again, as saw um 1st time around . but aint paying that amount ther goin for sometimes. cant remember all of them.