Hello every body

Anything else related to the series
thirtysomething

Hello every body

Post by thirtysomething »

just thought I would stop by and say hello to you all, its a great website and forum
Think the location pictures are great, would love to se some then and now ones
I remember the Hammer films so well, "The House That Bled To death and Two Face's Of Evil are the two that made me and my sister loose sleep! lol
looking forward to the forum,
David

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Welcome David...
Nice to see someone else with the same interests!
I dont know what it is about the series.... But somehow it has stuck in my mind!
Probably because it reminds me of my youth! :D

PS... I like your site about the Killingbeck hospital....Eerie!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome !
Thanks for your comments on the site - glad you like it
Its great that the series is getting a well deserved re-run on ITV satellite channel.

Little horror

Post by Little horror »

Yeah defo, am enjoying watching all the episodes again and seeing if they scare me as much now as they did back then! Im glad that The house that bled to death was on last Friday as that was always one of my favourites

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

Scotty wrote:Welcome David...
Nice to see someone else with the same interests!
I dont know what it is about the series.... But somehow it has stuck in my mind!
Probably because it reminds me of my youth! :D

PS... I like your site about the Killingbeck hospital....Eerie!
Thanks, sadly I had more pic's to go on and a ghost story too but the guy who did the site for me never got his finger out to finish it off, I have a few more projects in the pipe line on the THEN AND NOW so will try my hand at doing the site myself................cheers fella, pleased you like it!

Kimberley

Another Newbie Saying Hi

Post by Kimberley »

Kimberley, 38 Aldershot Hants.

Grew up watching Hammer - my dad would let me creep downstairs to watch after my younger brother & sister fell asleep - a real treat! .... always bolted back upstairs afterwards though! lol

My boyfriend bought me the double DVD this christmas which was really exciting as I had no idea they were available. We've watched 1 (or 2!) every weekend since and will be quite sad when we've got through them all!
Some are still scary, some even funny now!

It's just as fun spotting all the old ford cars & to work out all the locations - we intend to go exploring this summer to find them all & will probably make a weekend of it.

We are getting married later this year & my dream would be to be married in Hampden House - how cool would that be ???? ......

admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Newbie Saying Hi

Post by admin »

Kimberley wrote:Kimberley, 38 Aldershot Hants.
We are getting married later this year & my dream would be to be married in Hampden House - how cool would that be ???? ......
I believe that they do wedding functions in the house (or they did). The vicar that married us was also the vicar of Hampden church ! Damn, I should have asked to have been married there !

SidBoggle

Post by SidBoggle »

I got married in Hampden house 3 years ago just after they started allowing civil ceremonies there. It was a toss up between Pinewood studios (as I'm a massive "carry on" fan) or Hampden house. It was a fantastic place to get married and my wife is also a big fan of the series so it was fun to have photos taken in the various filming locations.

I now live in Chalfont St Giles, Bucks which was featured in "Visitor from the Grave" and the only reason I ended up in Buckinghamshire was because I really liked the area after going on a HHOH location hunt. So I'm sure if it wasn't for this great series my life would be pretty different :D

P.S. Great site by the way!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site Sid

So you got married at HH - cool !
Just saw your pic of the House that bled to death. I'm thinking of adding a section of then/now shots so will be off to take a few pics myself soon.

Welcome to Bucks BTW !

SidBoggle

Post by SidBoggle »

Thanks Neal. A "Now and Then" section would be great. I have often passed the petshop from "Silent Scream". The first time I went to look it was closed and just used for advertising a balloon company, the next time I went down it was half of an antiques shop so I got the opportunity to go in and have a look around....I passed it a few weeks ago and it's now a Halal meat shop :D

I'll post up any more pictures of interest.

Hammerhead

Hello everybody

Post by Hammerhead »

My name is Jason and I'm 33 and live in London. I am a massive fan of the series and last Saturday I visited many of the locations, which I will post on the location sites message.

Remember watching the series back in September 1980, aged 7 with my sister and it always scared me. Especially the Witching Time and the final scene of Children of the Full Moon, the werewolf charging his axe.

I also like Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense, West Country Tales and Tales of the Unexpected.

BTW, hi to everyone.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to the board Jason. We look forward to seeing your post about your visit to some of the locations.

simon

hello to everyone on the site

Post by simon »

Just thought as an introduction id post a hello to everyone on the forum, bit about myself, im 41 and have been a fan of fantasy and horror films from the 50's 60's and 70's for a long time, ive collected on Hammer films since i was eight and can remember this superb series first time round.

I also have various original props from the show which i hope to share with you all shortly

simon

Post by simon »

thank you david, its good to be on board