New Hammer Film?

Anything else related to the series
niches

New Hammer Film?

Post by niches »

Hi all

I heard sometime last year that Hammer were bringing a new film / episodes out this year on myspace and dvd release in the spring??

Has anyone else heard of any whispers?! :)

Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Yes, I heard something similar. Apparently a Dutchman purchased the Hammer film rights last year and plans to bring out a vampire film called Beyond The Rave as a bunch of short online episodes.

Not sure how that will fair though.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

welcome to the board niches.

there are also rumours of a collaboration with the BBC for a new TV series.

niches

Post by niches »

thanks for the welcome! that would be great, just to see some actual NEW hammer releases on the box is enough to get the shivers down the spine! I must keep a close eye out for that. I've only just got the originals on DVD (finally!) so am currently enjoying them all over again (much to the fiancee's disapproval as all she hears when I come into the bedroom is the hammer intro and she's "oh god not again!" - nice to chat to fellow fans of hammer house. - I also never knew they used virtually the same area of England to film the episodes. I'm also keen to see "where are they now" out of interest! Anyway lets hope these rumours are true and something comes to fruition very soon fingers crossed.....

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

good man on getting the DVD's. They really are a good watch. If the new series does see the light of day I hope it is true to the Hammer tradition and has the stories behind them which made the original so watchable.

niches

Post by niches »

yes I totally agree if they are to be new hammer episodes they have to stick to the traditional hammer formula. with the original series they were good at mixing the spooky / eerie traditions with the times that it was filmed - it worked really well. so if they could come up with some clever new stories in the hammer tradition, set in the modern day I think that would be really good.

The Master

Post by The Master »

Hi Folks Hammer Films now forms a part of HS Media which is backed by Dutch company Cyrte Investments headed by a guy called John De Mol.

At present they are filming in Co Donegall, Ireland. The film is called The Wakewood and is to be released next autumn it stars Eva Birthistle and Timothy Spall.

Apparently they have also been in talks with the BBC regarding a new series of The Hammer House of Horror.