ITC Series...Anyone a fan?

Recommend or discuss other classic British TV series. They don't have to be horror related !
marty

ITC Series...Anyone a fan?

Post by marty »

Anybody else here a fan of classic series from ITC, such as Man in a suitcase,The Champions, The Prisoner etc.

I'm a huge fan of these sorts of programs..my favourite is Randall and Hopkirk Deceased.

I think in the 60's there was more imagination put into creating programs...ITC managed to capture a lot of peoples imaginations with their programs...mine included.

I know times and tastes change but it's a pity there isn't anything like these programs being made now.

John

Re: ITC Series...Anyone a fan?

Post by John »

marty wrote:Anybody else here a fan of classic series from ITC, such as Man in a suitcase,The Champions, The Prisoner etc.

I'm a huge fan of these sorts of programs..my favourite is Randall and Hopkirk Deceased.

I think in the 60's there was more imagination put into creating programs...ITC managed to capture a lot of peoples imaginations with their programs...mine included.

I know times and tastes change but it's a pity there isn't anything like these programs being made now.

I am a fan.. and in the early 90's there was a plan to launch the "ITC Channel" on cable. Infact the then Independent Television Commission published a little handbook of every commerical TV station in the UK, including an entry for the ITC Channel - if only it had got off the ground !

marty

Post by marty »

Shame indeed that channel did'n't get off the ground :(

In the 90's Bravo were showing a lof of ITC stuff until they went and changed the whole channel format.

They were showing Hammer house of Horror at one time too.

I'd love to see some kind of classic telly channel....In the meantime I'm glad a lot of stuff is now geting DVD boxset releases :D

John

Post by John »

marty wrote:Shame indeed that channel did'n't get off the ground :(

In the 90's Bravo were showing a lof of ITC stuff until they went and changed the whole channel format.

They were showing Hammer house of Horror at one time too.

I'd love to see some kind of classic telly channel....In the meantime I'm glad a lot of stuff is now geting DVD boxset releases :D

UK Gold was supposed to do this sort of thing - but since the BBC / Flextech arrangement took over it all changed to fairly recent stuff. I went to work there (as continuity announcer) as I loved the shows, but gradually there was less and less "proper" old stuff - boo! They never showed much ITC stuff - shame on them!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have the Brian Clemens ITC 'Thriller' box set on my 'to buy' list. Being too young back in the early 70's I've never seen it, but I've heard good reports of some episodes.

John

Post by John »

nealb wrote:I have the Brian Clemens ITC 'Thriller' box set on my 'to buy' list. Being too young back in the early 70's I've never seen it, but I've heard good reports of some episodes.
I have the whole set. Not bad, but don't attempt to watch more than a couple back to back - some are very slow. They repeated some in 1983 on some regional ITV stations, and that's when I saw them. Quality is very good technically, and I think that someone has put some serious restoration work in. The quality of the VT is consistent throughout so they must have kept all the master reels which is good.

thirtysomething

Post by thirtysomething »

Randall and Hopkirk Deceased :D
My dad had a vauxhall victor like that, infact he had two and two venturas which looked the same :D :D

Compo

Re: Randall and Hopkirk Deceased

Post by Compo »

I know it's not classic telly, but I really liked the remake of Randall and Hopkirk Deceased. My favourite episode was "A Man of Substance" in which they get stuck in a mysterious village.

Did anyone else like the remake?